It’s not so unknown that a mother cat could give birth to two to three kittens at a given time. At this stage of the little ones’ growth, they are yet to be acclimatised to their environments. As cats need twenty percent more warmth than humans would, it is especially crucial for the young kitties to be beside their mother for feeding, comfort, and survival. This is when you need an Extra Large Litter Box.
With such a need, it would therefore be better to opt for an extra large litter box, which could cater to not just one cat but also for the growing cat family, too. You may be wanting to say that large box would already suffice, but you just never know the rate that the little ones could grow and how much space they’d need thereafter, an extra large litter box will save you from future trouble of buying another Best litter box for large cats.
During inclement weather and if your cats would like to stay in their box a little bit more, an extra large litter box is also a wise choice. They’d have enough room to sleep and play in, too. Cleaning up will be better. Clumps would not be out of sight because the cats don’t have to be so close together that there’s not much room for their clumps to go to but underneath them. As cats are neat freaks, they’d usually prefer to go the cleaner side of the box, so they should have more room for that when they are together in one box.
WHY YOU SHOULD GET AN EXTRA LARGE LITTER BOX
If we have the luxury of unlimited resources, most of us will prefer a bigger home that could accommodate our prized possessions and are well-ventilated enough for us to live and breathe easily. It’s the same thing for pets. They also need a space of their own. If they are more of them that need to cuddle up together, then they’d need more space, too. Well, there are times when getting two or more boxes will be advisable, but there are cases where you just can’t separate one cat from another.
WHAT YOU MUST CONSIDER WHEN GETTING AN EXTRA LARGE CAT LITTER
It’s always easier to fret, complain, worry or wonder. That’s human nature. When faced with important decisions, though, it is always best to take things objectively and to get the facts straight first.
In the case of deciding best cat litter box for odor control to buy, there are steps you need to take and considerations you need to bear in mind. You need to look at your cats’ specific needs, any behavior that you must consider, your financial capacity, your home and room specifications, and the possible options that could match those considerations.
Things that you should ALWAYS keep in mind!
To make things easier, our team has done research to determine the criteria that you may want to look into when choosing the right litter box for your cats. They include the following:
- Size matters. The odor free litter box needs to have ample space to accommodate all the cats that you intend it for. If possible, give a bit of extra space just in case your cats grow faster or are more active than expected.
- Also important is the box’s quality. If there are more cats in the box, chances are they’d be playing around that they’d need a box that won’t break or fall off too easily. When they are all together, their weight may even become too heavy for a box’s single side to handle, too.
- If you intend to keep your cat with you all the time even while you’re travelling, portability may also be important. In such case, getting an extra large litter box that is light in weight should be your focus.
- The box opening is also a consideration. For enclosed boxes, ensure that the opening is easily accessible for your cats, especially if they decide to go into the box all at the same time. Choose best cat litter box for multiple cats whose back side is lower than the front side. This allows the cats to hop in easily, but it also ensures that the pan is able to hold off as much litter as possible on the other sides.
- Maintenance is also a crucial factor. Because of the extra large litter pan’s size, cleaning it might become more difficult, stressful, and time-consuming than what you would prefer it to be. Thus, it is good to choose a box that’s easily cleaned because the litter slides off.
We have done the research for you
Some pet carers are time-constrained. Thus, we took the liberty of doing research on what could be the best products that could meet your cats’ needs and your circumstances and priorities. The following are some of the best ones we’ve found so far:
This product is one of the best in its league. Made of stainless steel, it does not absorb odors or retain waste residues. As its name suggests, it is a special kind of steel that’s not prone to any stains at all. Because elements don’t stick to it, bacteria and microorganisms also don’t stay behind, and thus making the box as hygienic and health-safe as possible. Because they won’t rust, these boxes will last for a longer while. With its huge size, it has ample space to cater to multiple cats, too.
One of the best extra large litter boxes you could find is this product. It is large enough to accommodate more than two kittens and their mother cat. The Product has a scoop rake that allows you to clean its extra large litter tray easily. It has a reusable, sturdy, and easily cleaned liner to catch leaks and litter. Its lid has three flip modes that allow privacy and access to suit the cats’ preferences as well as facilitate easy cleaning.
If you are on a low budget and you want one of the best jumbo litter boxes available, this might just be the product you have been looking. It has a handle for easy portability. It has a huge hood that could provide privacy for your cats but could also flip open for easy access. If your cats are easily bothered by odor, this product is good for them because it has carbon filters that work nonstop to neutralize those pesky smells from the litter. It has four snap locks that fasten the hood enough to catch wayward urine sprays or litter and open up easily to allow easy cleaning access.
With heaps of positive reviews to attest to its quality and functionality, this product is another one among the best options to consider for your cats. This is also another product that is very affordable in spite of its high quality. It has a charcoal filter system that routinely absorbs tough litter box odor continuously for up to three months. Thus, the litter box stays fresh and comfy for your pets, and the rest of the home remains free from stinky smells and messy tracks. Its cover catches wayward urine sprays of kicked litter when your cats get too active, and it could also provide them the privacy they need at times.
It has easy-snap latches that allow you to open the box up for cleaning and to fasten them back easily thereafter. As its surfaces are non-stick, cleaning off stains won’t be too much of a problem. It has a wide front opening that allows the cats easy access. It can be converted to a litter pan by flipping its top. The front side of the litter pan is lower than the back side, so it’s easier for kittens to go into but it also has enough height on the other sides to catch kicked litter particles and accidental sprays.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
If you really are so keen on choosing the right products for your pet that would also suit your home, requirements, and circumstances, then it would not be a surprise if you still have other questions that you may be wanting to ask. About the above extra large litter box options discussed, the following are some of the frequently asked questions that you may probably ask:
My cats prefer an open box. Can the flap be completely removed?
– The boxes have tabs that enable easy removal of the box’s top. This is a good feature that allows easier access for cleaning. As the contraptions lock easily, it would also be easier to put the flap or lid back to the original position.
Most of the litter boxes I have been using do not last long. Is there any guarantee that these will be more durable?
As you can glean from the many reviews for the products, customers have attested to the products’ durability and quality.
How often do I have to clean up the stainless steel litter box/pan? Is it very easy to clean up?
– Cleaning up the stainless steel box is even easier than the plastic boxes. Because urine and litter won’t stick to its sides, the box is easily cleaned without the need for tedious scrubbing. Because microorganisms don’t stick to the surface, no odor-causing material could remain even after only a mere simple cleaning.
So, if your cat family is already growing and getting a bigger-than-normal box turns out to be the wisest option, this article should have already given you an ample number of ideas to work around with. No need to fret, sigh, or worry. You’d be on your way to a purr-fect pet solution soon enough.